Janna Weekend Program (JWP)
“It is not enough for the teacher to love the child. She must first love and understand the universe. She must prepare herself, and truly work at it.” — Maria Montessori AsSalamu Alaikom & Welcome to Janna Weekend Program (JWP) Janna Weekend Program (JWP) is a weekend Islamic program run by The Islamic Cultural Center of Toronto, specifically designed for Canadian children ages 4-14 . JWP mission is to teach Arabic and to introduce all facets of Islam in a positive, non-traditional and stress-free environment by connecting children with Al-Quran in the most desired and balanced approach. Our vision is to generate children who would grow into well-rounded, well-informed and confident individuals who uphold their Islamic values and respect the dignity of others. JWP Teaching Modules in details are as follows; MODULE ONE: AL-QURAN
- TAJWEED & TILAWA : Higher levels will be taught Tajweed rules and Tilawa styles
- TARDEED :Children learn proper pronunciation by listening & repeating
- NURANIYYAH : Almost all JWP teachers are now certified Nuraniyya teachers
- HIFTH : Children are encouraged to memorize Juz Amma. When necessary, Al Nurani method is used to teach the Alphabet in Othmani text.
- LANGUAGE & APPLICATION: Early and Intermediate levels explore the language of Al-Quran and build their vocabulary through presentations, conversations and projects. This studio is inspired by the Montessori philosophy, teaching methodology and class set-up. Children are encouraged to actively participate in their own learning process. Individual goals are set per student depending on their capabilities.
- TAFSEER: Advanced levels explore Al-Quran through word by word Tafseer. They start by identifying the most commonly used words and terms in Al-Quran Al Kareem. This is a customized syllabus.
- PRAYER : Early levels are taught prayer (wudu, prayer times, tashahhud…etc.)
- HADITH : Intermediate and Advanced levels learn the teachings of our beloved prophet (bilingual). They role play and discuss concepts.
- QURAN: All levels prepare for a drama play in which they are familiarized with Quranic verses through ongoing rehearsals.
- BUILDING AQEEDA: Early and Intermediate levels discover Allah, the beauty of Allah’s creations, purpose of life, and basic Islamic principles, eg. Halal & Haram.
- ISLAMIC KNOWLEDGE: Advanced levels cover Asqeeda and discover Al- Quran: Stories, Sciences & Structure.