“It is not enough for the teacher to love the child. She must first love and understand the universe. She must prepare herself, and truly work at it.” — Maria Montessori AsSalamu Alaikom & Welcome to Janna Weekend Program (JWP) Janna Weekend Program (JWP) is a weekend Islamic program run by The Islamic Cultural Center of Toronto, specifically designed for Canadian children ages 4-14 . JWP mission is to teach Arabic and to introduce all facets of Islam in a positive, non-traditional and stress-free environment by connecting children with Al-Quran in the most desired and balanced approach. Our vision is to generate children who would grow into well-rounded, well-informed and confident individuals who uphold their Islamic values and respect the dignity of others. JWP Teaching Modules in details are as follows; MODULE ONE: AL-QURAN
- TAJWEED & TILAWA : Higher levels will be taught Tajweed rules and Tilawa styles
- TARDEED :Children learn proper pronunciation by listening & repeating
- NURANIYYAH : Almost all JWP teachers are now certified Nuraniyya teachers
- HIFTH : Children are encouraged to memorize Juz Amma. When necessary, Al Nurani method is used to teach the Alphabet in Othmani text.
- LANGUAGE & APPLICATION: Early and Intermediate levels explore the language of Al-Quran and build their vocabulary through presentations, conversations and projects. This studio is inspired by the Montessori philosophy, teaching methodology and class set-up. Children are encouraged to actively participate in their own learning process. Individual goals are set per student depending on their capabilities.
- TAFSEER: Advanced levels explore Al-Quran through word by word Tafseer. They start by identifying the most commonly used words and terms in Al-Quran Al Kareem. This is a customized syllabus.
- PRAYER : Early levels are taught prayer (wudu, prayer times, tashahhud…etc.)
- HADITH : Intermediate and Advanced levels learn the teachings of our beloved prophet (bilingual). They role play and discuss concepts.
- QURAN: All levels prepare for a drama play in which they are familiarized with Quranic verses through ongoing rehearsals.
- BUILDING AQEEDA: Early and Intermediate levels discover Allah, the beauty of Allah’s creations, purpose of life, and basic Islamic principles, eg. Halal & Haram.
- ISLAMIC KNOWLEDGE: Advanced levels cover Aqeeda and discover Al- Quran: Stories, Sciences & Structure.